Friday, November 03, 2006

November 1 OTR: Memory Lapse

On Novemeber 1, 2006, On the Record invited
Durham attorney Woody Vann on to comment on
the Duke Rape Case. Greta asked Woody about
DA Mike Nifong being sent to district court
to prosecute petty crimes to which Woody
explained the involvement of personal reasons
on behalf of the DA.

On May 2, Greta, herself interviewed Mike
Nifong which covered this very topic. See
Nifong Interview.

I will quote in hopes that she will read this
and refresh her memory:

"VAN SUSTEREN: Why do you like the job?

NIFONG: The hours. Actually, that's hard to say. When I was in law school, I knew that what I wanted to do was to be in the courtroom, and the best way to get started in the courtroom was to be an assistant district attorney. So that's a job that I looked for. And it actually was a much better job than I'd even imagined. I did that for 20 years and never considered doing anything else, and actually, probably would not be doing anything other than that right now, but for the fact that in 1999, I was diagnosed with prostate cancer and that put a temporary end to my courtroom career. It got me more involved in administrative matters in the office."

No comments:

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com